/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, October 10, 2011


Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture.  ~Kak Sri


The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!  ~Henry Ward Beecher
      


. “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” — William A. Ward


“Eucharisteo—thanksgiving—always precedes the miracle.” Ann

At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father. Ephesians 5: 20

May you and I continue to have all our senses opened to the vastness of God’s Love and goodness that surrounds our moments and days….

~2039~2055

~first dinner on campus with hubs
~sweet husband's interest in my life happenings
~kids learning to dig deep when challenged 
~walk on a beautiful day
~embracing the new normal
~playing the Wii with my daughter(should I say attempting)
~laughter together to lighten the mood
~opportunities to grow in trust
~faith in everyday moments
~walking...listening to chapter 4...1000 gifts
~six hour car trip alone with my Love
~coffee with good friends
~my mother-inlaw's birthday
~the love she has shone me over all these years
~meeting up with old friends...deep connections
~sunshine on this good Monday morning









26 comments:

  1. Beautiful reflections and gifts. Have a blessed Monday.~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theresa...blessings to your Monday as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by to leave a comment... checked out your list... aren't Mothers-in-law wonderful :) - thanks for sharing your list.. blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful pictures. They made me stop to reflect...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list... "a walk on a beautiful day"- such a simple thing, but what a gift to treasure this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, quotes, and thoughts. I truly love your list...full of love and the richness of God's gifts to us. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. gretchen...thanks for stopping by...I now have the opportunity to become a wonderful motherinlaw myself...
    T..thanks friend...
    Jace...so glad you enjoyed the pictures...still so new at the picture thing...but loving it.
    eggthoughts...I am a runner at heart...so somedays I have to choose to be thankful for a good walk...
    Patricia...your words encourage me...your pictures inspire me...thanks friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ro,

    so good to connect with you again...reading you...i really should email you soon. i have missed talking to you.

    i love your pictures!!! is that you being all brave and taking pictures and posting them?! im totally into it and you have all my support. keep doing it--they are beautiful.

    i loved your list--but one thing stuck out to me--the one in which you give thanks for the mother-in-law who has loved you so for all these years--this is truly a blessing--something special given to you from God--your Heavenly Father smiles upon you. :)

    blessings in His grace, friend

    Nacole

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a lovely blog. I love the photos and your list of blessings.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nacole...I would love an update...Always love hearing from you...hearing your heart...
    Oh yes...getting braver in my old age...and Yes my mother-in-law was and is a gift...especially as a young mother...she spoke such positive words into me...words I did not hear much growing up...
    Now I hope to return the favor...to be a kind, loving mother-in-love to my new daughter....
    hope to hear from you soon...
    Blessings sweet Nacole...

    Joan...thanks for the kind words and stopping by to say hello...
    Blessings to your week...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful list! Your words bring peace and grace. May you bask in the depth of His love for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by my blog. The Beecher quote is a wonderful reminder, and I love your picture at sunset (sunrise?).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...I love your kind word...brings peace and grace...so blessed by you...thanks
    Amanda...I love that quote too...my daughter and I flew to the top of the hill...catching the sunset over the mts... Blessings and thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your list! :)
    Thank you for being such a faithful follower! I have heard about Kisses from Katie. . .I'm going to go out and look for it today. Thank you for mentioning it and reminding me.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristin...thanks for stopping by...here's Katie's blog...http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I especially love that quote by William Ward -- so many seconds in a single day...and so many I waste on hurry and ingratitude.

    Stopping by from Emily's place...lovely to meet you here, Ells.

    ReplyDelete
  17. michelle...like Ann say...life is not an emergency...slowly slowing down life...
    Thanks for stopping by...blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a joyous awakening into a day of Eucharisteo! Your two quotes by 'Sri' and 'Beecher' are wonderful! Topping it off with the one by 'Ward' and then Ann... I am fully awakened now to receive the Lord's admonition from Ephesians to 'give thanks always and for everything'!
    Eucharisteo... such a gift from our Father's good hand! Today when the divorce of my Siter-in-law and her husband of 33 years, could put a damper on all the thankfulness, I instead will be thankful for all that God is able to bring about through this, for he makes all things beautiful in His time.
    Thank you for your very timely post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post - all the quotes were fantastic! (I love posts like this! Simple and profound...) Am enjoying your blog, thanks for stopping by mine a week or so ago. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh...my heart breaks to hear of this heart break of divorce...I am so humbled and honored that place could minister to your heart...pray right now for grace for this moment...healing for all...Blessings to you....

    Sarah..simple it is...glad you like it...blesssings~

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that last quote by Ward. It pulls me to my knees so to offer thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes...it breaks it down to small moments...how many choses we have in the many moments of the day...thanks for stopping by...have a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
  23. "May you continue to have all of your senses open to the vastness of God's love..." I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey there,
    I bought the book today, Kisses from Katie. . .can't wait to start reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Theresa...want to live wide open....thanks for stoppping by...
    Kristin...I am about halfway through...amazing and challenging to my status quo....

    ReplyDelete