/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Monday, September 12, 2011

No Greater Love...

Along with thousands yesterday...I remember...I remember clearly getting that call from my husband telling us to turn on the TV.  We stopped school...and we watched in shock. I struggled...how much do I let the kids see...but we were glued...trying to take it all in...but that day was really too much to absorb at any age.

Yesterday we watched different acounts of that horrific day ten years ago...at the time of the attackes my youngest was only 5.    She had seen and heard over the years enough to know something terrible happened...but yesterday she was still...taking it all in...with gasps...groans and questions.  It all sunk a little deeper into her heart and mind...and in a way... mine too.  I  observed with her...with fresh eyes...I saw in the midst of such darkness and hatred...Love did shine...Love that was not self-seeking...time after time... we saw love in action...no greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for a friend.
           
                                                 1835~1850
~for love in action
~first responders
~man and woman who sacrifice for a greater good
~first grandbaby... growing healthy
~pink
~Elliott(ellie) Faith Ross will be her name
~Son and new daughter-in-love over for dinner
~sweet love between them
~a quiet house
~letting go...leaving more behind
~walking along side my husband in his new job
~transitions in life
~challenges...stretching
~peace in the silence
~patient husband...best listener...best friend

10 comments:

  1. Yes, so thankful to those who are always there to help. My husband is a firefighter and yesterday was a solemn day for him and all the others around the country in that profession. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina...Bless you and your husband for serving others...I must say...I have just taken for granted what fireman do...watching yesterday awakened me to a great appreciation.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the baby name.
    I bet you are doing back flips about that baby! Let the shopping begin!
    So happy for your family.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list!
    I love your new grandbaby's name. That's too sweet.
    I can also appreciate a quite house.
    Visiting from Multitudes on Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  5. T..yes..but let me say I would have been thrilled either way...getting Pg has been a journey for my daughter...but the squeals when she told me gave away what I was rooting for...I think I am going to have to find a little job to support my shopping habit..haha

    Stefanie...I love the name too...this journey for her has been one of faith...and of course using her maiden name is so sweet...
    Thanks for stopping by..

    Blessings to you both~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list! It sounds like your family is just blossoming. Congratulations on the sweet addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Beck...our family is growing:) sweet times

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the name too! I hope I have a grandbaby some day to play with and spoil! :) Enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful heart filled list of gracias.

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip my toes into some serious goodness.

    Splashin,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah...thanks for stopping by and taking time to splash around.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete