/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, September 7, 2011



              Faith, hope and Love…the greatest of these is Love-

          Maybe it’s because of my beginning…the way I came to Christ.

When His voice of Love called to me….I followed…like the disciples  I left all

                                                  to follow Him.

By  following Him, I lost everything…family…education (with time…all were

restored)… radical is how I came….radical is how I walked….radical is how I

viewed faith… the radical faith that has an edge to it…the kind that follows at 

“all cost”…not the “count the cost” kind of faith…but the kind that pays an

               unnecessary premium...the kind of radical faith where Grace…

                                       and Love are barely visible.          

But after many classes and lessons in the school of “hard knocks”…my view of 

faith is going through a metamorphosis.   Transforming my hard edged faith…

                                 into a faith that reflects the Faithful One.
                   
                 He is teaching me a new way…His way…to walk by faith.
                                                      
 The kind of faith…even when radical…will be wrapped with Grace and Love.

                    So now I am holding on to faith…faith in Him…
  
                              faith in His transforming power.

                     … that by His Spirit, He can make a heart anew.   

               I am holding on to hope…hope that one day my family…

                                    those my life touches…

   will see a woman of faith… but now with a faith walked in His Love…

                       because the greatest of these is love.






17 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the verse "He who began a good work in you will carry it out until the day of Christ Jesus." Thanks for sharing your journey:) Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles. radical grace...now that is something...i hear you...i walked a similar path...giving it up to follow and i think it def needs to be tempered with love and grace....its a journey and we figure it out along the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina...yes that is where I find rest in HIs arms...THanks for stopping by.

    Brian...always the journey of growth...with endless wells of Grace...thanks for coming by.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally been through the "School of Hard Knocks" with you, my sister. So glad we can turn from empty things...to The Soul Keeper. I can so relate to your post in so many ways. Feel like I could write it myself. And yet, Christ soften the edges of Radical Faith....for that I am still learning...yet, am ever so thankful. ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen...we will travel together this journey of Faith...all the while being conformed into His likeness.
    Thanks for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is nicely done! Faith must always be mixed in love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because none of it matters without love. Beautifully written and wonderful encouragement. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful writing!!!So glad you came by my place and found a song you loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies for stopping by and taking the time to leave your encouragements.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  10. radical you came, and resolved, you stay.... beautiful, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. emily...I like the word resolved...yes by His Grace resolved I stayed. Thanks for the encouragement friend...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful proclamation of faith and grace. I love,

    "But after many classes and lessons in the school of “hard knocks”…my view of
    faith is going through a metamorphosis. Transforming my hard edged faith…

    into a faith that reflects the Faithful One."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori...so thankful to the Faithful One...His mercies are new every morning.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an inspiration your Christian walk has been...this is beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. carrie...thank you for your kind words...God is so faithful.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see that journey in a son - and how that edge pushes another son away. I love those Christians that have that edge that has been softened - isn't it a more blunt, direct way - and so many people will respond to that edge as it is wielded in love, not confrontation. You've given me a lot to think on - thinking on being patient and allowing God to work the metamorphosis - because He knows - your testimony shows that:) You have totally encouraged me. God is pounding into my head, "Remember - it's a journey. journey. journey. that is a metamorphosis. YOU NEED TO LEARN TO WAIT on my outcome." Thank you for so blessing me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes...I too am learning to wait...for so long I would see a place in my heart God was wanting to change and in my own strength try to make it happen...only to have it fizzle...become some kind of "new phase"...but I am learning to let these truths...simmer...and I trust one day will bubble up...over flowing from the true source...rivers of living waters. May we travel this patient road together...
    Thank you for stopping by.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete