/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fixing our eyes...

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God….

I never thought of my self as a negative person…never have been really depressed…but then God came a pealed back the layers of negative thinking in my life.  These thoughts were so subtle…just small choices I made over and over again…I was shocked to see I did look at the glass half empty much more than I wanted to admit.  I was awakened to the hundreds of chances…choses I have throughout the day to choose…to choose thankfulness and trust…to push aside complaining…self-pity…frustration…and all the many other attitudes that rob me of joy. 

So how do I choose joy…I choose Jesus…I choose to fix my eyes on Jesus…keep looking to the one who is the giver of all joy…the one who can give joy even through the darkest hours…joy as we pick up the crosses in our life because He says, “My yoke is easy my burdens are light”.

So now I am learning I have a choice…and when I choose Him…. I choose JOY!



6 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this - I choose Joy because I choose Jesus - if only I can stop my self from being distracted and keep my focus on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post in Choosing Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for stopping by...may we all choose to see...look to Jesus...and find greater joy in Him...have a great weekend.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. choice..being willing... it's really all up to us...
    We have been chosen
    He is willing.
    It's down to us.
    Great writing!
    your friend,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is wonderful. Peeling back the layers to reveal ourselves...to choose thankfulness over self-pity, and yes, to choose Jesus is to choose joy. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. T and Theresa...thanks for stopping in...pray we will all choose Jesus today...choosing His Joy.

    Blessings and Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete