/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, September 30, 2011

Done painting within the lines...

5 Minute Friday....Friends....

This is not an easy topic for me….I am in my 50’s and I am starting over….
The short version….close fellowship…painful split.  We and other families gather  ourselves together and start the healing process.  When that kind of wounding comes from the body…it takes something away…trust.  We now as a new group turn inward…become a very tight knit group…one that was there 24/7…laying down our lives, time and sharing life together.  We did not need anyone else….people could try to come and break in the circle…people came and went…but this core group remained committed….I thought I was safe forever…safe for 20 yrs…but the unimaginable happened….the enemy wins again…torn apart…deep wounds and this time it is with the closest of family relationships.  

These kinds of wounds…this kind of fellowship…tends to make a person want to play it safe…paint within the lines.  The gift these last years have brought me is freedom…I see how closed off I had become… how I had to be with people who thought just like me….safe…where no one questioned…challenged each other…safe…arrogance grew…because it was safe to be the most right. 

So I am done painting within the lines…painting with one color…God is teaching me how to paint with vibrant colors…different textures…a mosaic … this mosaic of friends will bring more beauty to my life than I can ever imagine.  Friendships take time…20 years is a long time to lose the art of friendship….by God’s grace… He and I are painting together…it’s been way to long….



10 comments:

  1. UGh...don't I know this. It's hard to start again after decades with a certain friend or group.
    But it is totally possible.
    No worries.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about mosaics last night! You've seen the ones made up of tiny pictures, the ones that don't make sense till you back up and view it from afar? It's so with friends, and all of life's experiences ... it all fits together in His plan. Pray our colors praise our Maker, splash His glory on us all. He's the maker of the rainbow, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. T...thanks for the encouragement...He is faithful:)
    Have a great weekend...

    Joyful potter...beautiful words...I will drink them in...and may we splash with His glory today...
    Thanks for stopping by..
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you are experiencing this deep gutwrenching heartache. But THANK YOU for your vulnerability and your willingness to open yourself up to what God has for you. Describing friendships as a mosaic is beautiful- LOVE!!
    Praise our great Father that He never fails us, never changes, delights in us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds all too familiar. Keep painting with Him. His is a beautiful canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dayebydaye...thanks for your encouraging words...yes...I realized my post would be a little different flavor from most...it is hard to know how vulnerable to be...but I want to live transparent...in RL and BL...Yes...I praise Him with you...He never fails us...

    Dainna...It is sad...but true...this story in all too familiar in His Body...but I do... along with others want to keep painting.

    Thanks ladies for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ells - It seems remarkable how our lives parallel at times. Went through something similar a few years back. Thanking God for His faithfulness through this season and how a bruised reed, He will not break. Blessings, my friend. ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...Jen...there does seem to be a pattern developing here:) Oh yes...so kind...gentle with a bruised reed.
    Have a wonderful weekend...
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear friend, I know this, too. Tonight at dinner our reading from scripture was I Cor. 13 - a reminder that love covers a multitude of sins (and hurts and betrayals, etc.) but that it is a lack of love in the body of Christ that opens up these deep wounds. I want to be a friend that loves those who don't always think like me, that carry different baggage and challenge my beliefs. I want to be an extender of grace. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  10. This process has taught me so much...about myself...and how I want to walk and love those around me...He does redeem all things...
    May we both extend alot of Grace this weekend...
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete