/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Friday, August 12, 2011

Ok...I am going to give this a whirl...5 minute Fridays @http://thegypsymama.com/

Beauty....
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...so how we behold  tells us what we are beholding...Ann Voskamp wrote.."The remedy is in the retina"...it is how we behold.  I use to let the mirror be my guide...but then the mirror betrayed me...told me I was fat...when alls I had was skin draped over bones...self hatered makes beholding impossible....So over the years...by God's grace a mercy...those negative thoughts that deceived me...that blinded me from true beauty have been silence by the voice of Truth... Love...and He healed my heart...He healed my vision....to see Beauty...to behold beauty....in the mirror..in others...in the everyday moments.

Stop


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing....I love that He healed your vision to see clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle...thanks for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for your "first time". I hope more and more people (especially girls becoming women) are able to have your experience. We have to learn on our own though huh? Happy to find you from The Gypsy Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes..it breaks my heart to hear young girls start picking themselves apart...I still have a teenage daughter at home...praying and trying to help her really know True beauty...
    Thanks for hopping over...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So blessed by your post. Happy to meet you here.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This was incredible. Such a great portrayal of beauty...to see us, others...the world, through the Father's eyes. Such beauty & healing in your words. ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen...thanks for your kind word
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. Needed this tonight as I feel so fat, ugly and worn out on the outside. But beauty is on the eye of the beholder and I know God loves me and that is what matters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will pray for you tonight...for truth to replace the lies...for God's tender, all encompassing Love to be known deep with your heart. Each one of us...beloved by Him.
    Glad you stopped by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete