/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Love in action….prayer


Thoughts invade my mind…I let them trespass freely…roam where they wish without much constraint….causing much havoc…then I finally notice…..I am full of angst….fret….judgment ….thoughts that take my heart away from love.   These thoughts carry me to “I’ll fix it mode”….  to find ways to self protect…These thoughts keep me from peace…trust…prayer.

Lovingly the Faithful One comes…comes to set me free…comes to teach me a better way.  He asks a question…one that stops me in my tracks…one that infiltrates the thoughts and into my heart…”Have you prayed?...Have you brought this one before the Throne of Grace and Mercy? Have you invited My Spirit to come and work in the situation…to change your heart first and foremost…then maybe another’s…If you don’t invite My Spirit to work…then your work can only add to the wounds… to the trouble and Love is lost.”   He unmasks my thoughts…they are rooted in pride…my motives…the desire to control the outcome…to protect myself…my pride.

He now has access to my heart…His transforming Love takes my heart…clears my mind…and brings me to my knees…to offer prayers…..to take it out of my hands and lay all at His feet.  Prayer empties me…empties to be filled…filled with His Love.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful prayer. I understand the "fix-it" mode and the self-protection. And these words spoke to me:
    "…If you don’t invite My Spirit to work…then your work can only add to the wounds… to the trouble and Love is lost.”
    That is a lovely word, I will remember that, "your work can only add to the wounds". If I am not working with him, I am against him-- and even against myself and others!
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, which led me back here to read to your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your thought...even against myself and others....the negative talk in my head is not always toward others....it can be toward myself....
    Thanks for you kind words and for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right that we can't fix things. We have to bring our concerns to God and let him do the work. I am happy to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday! I responded to your comment. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love your Words...which of course are His Words.
    Amazing the difference when you do bring it all before Him.
    Be blessed, and I'll be back for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind words...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete