/*URL: http://www.AllBlogTools.com/ */ .basictab{ padding: 3px 0; margin-left: 0; font: bold 12px Verdana; border-bottom: 1px solid gray; list-style-type: none; text-align: left; /*set to left, center, or right to align the menu as desired*/ } .basictab li{ display: inline; margin: 0; } .basictab li a{ text-decoration: none; padding: 3px 7px; margin-right: 3px; border: 1px solid gray; border-bottom: none; background-color: #f6ffd5; color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:visited{ color: #2d2b2b; } .basictab li a:hover{ background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; } .basictab li a:active{ color: black; } .basictab li.selected a{ /*selected tab effect*/ position: relative; top: 1px; padding-top: 4px; background-color: #DBFF6C; color: black; }

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Father forgive them… 

“Father forgive them, for they know not what they are doing”…powerful
words…powerful prayer…a prayer by the Grace of God…He has taught me to pray.

Like it was yesterday, I remember where I was sitting…on the edge of my bed…30yrs. old…mother of three…still holding on to hurts that now where being inflicted on my children.  Jesus’s words…came clear…came strong…"Father forgive...and in that moment…tears came to wash the wounds…and I knew…it was finished…a chapter had been closed and a new one opened…opening me to healing and freedom… and by His Grace…He would teach me a better way.

Over these years…I have been brought back to this prayer many times…deep wounds…betrayals…words that cut deeper than any knife.    
               And now I think I have come to believe…
              they really do not know what they are doing…
if they did….they would not wound those they love…. Because why do I? 

As a mortal man, he offered up prayers and appeals with loud cries and tears to the one who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his devotion to God. Heb.5:7





10 comments:

  1. This is so moving! Love how He delivered you from your hurts the moment you cried out to Him. How beautiful is His grace and mercy! So good reading this first thing this morning. A great faith builder for my day! Bless you! ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIs Grace and Mercy are so beautiful...
    Thanks for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a powerful prayer and what I needed go read today. Praise Him for His grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His Grace...to wonderful for words...
    Thank you for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. i often find myself back at that prayer as well...def a powerful post today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it is the simple truths we come back to...the ones the set us free.
    Thanks for stopping by...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is so hard to forgive, yet so freeing when we do... this is a beautiful, honest reflection. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless you Emily. Enjoyable and enlightening. Shah for the hop. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very moving! I just stumbled across your blog, I wrote about forgiveness earlier today on mine. Please check it out! :)
    http://livelaughlove-brandi.blogspot.com/

    In Christ,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete